Saturday, July 5, 2014

Shipping Down to DC


I've been the worst Red Sox blogger in the world lately - and it's not because the Red Sox have been one of the worst baseball teams lately (though that's certainly true - shout out to the rest of the AL East for also being generally terrible).

No, I've been awful because I haven't been able to catch many Red Sox games, as I spend most of my time at Nationals Park these days, covering the Nats for NewsChannel 9 in Syracuse as a field production intern. You might reasonably wonder why a Syracuse station would care about the Nationals... it's because the Nats' Triple-A affiliate is the Syracuse Chiefs.

Those of you who follow me on Twitter might have seen me live-tweeting Chiefs games a few weeks back, as I covered a few of those (and photogged many more) during my last semester at the Newhouse School. You've doubtless noticed me live-tweeting Nats games for the last week - so for those Red Sox fans who are sticking with me, I appreciate it.

This blog will have have Nats home game recaps and video starting tonight, and (probably) ending in five weeks when the internship concludes. I'll be sure to tag those posts appropriately, starting with this one, and to add Red Sox posts whenever I can.

To any Nationals fans who might now stumble upon this blog - welcome! Let me know if there's anything you'd like to see here.

No comments:

Post a Comment